EBE Redefined Vision and Mission
In its strategy workshop in November 2013 EBE Board decided to streamline EBE’s focus. This new focus aligns with a strategy that allows; strengthening the unique position of EBE in the EFPIA/EBE/VE ecosystem and reflecting the market conditions, evolution of development of biopharmaceuticals and the needs of EBE membership.
EBE’s Redefined Mission
As outcome of the strategy development process EBE’s new mission defines EBE to be:
" Europe’s expert voice for emerging bioscience & technology and the leading platform for health innovation ecosystem."
Concretely, EBE will by 2016 become an active forum for stakeholder engagement where emerging knowledge and expertise meets and prepares the regulatory and entrepreneurial policies and conditions to accelerate therapeutic innovations to patients.
EBE’s focus will be to enhance emerging healthcare technologies and promoting science innovation in Europe via expertise in:
- SME eco-system funding & innovation model
- Emerging biotech & science - regulatory advancement and advocacy
with particular focus on:
- Personalised medicines - Companion Diagnostics, Incentives and Stakeholder education
- Advanced Therapies Medicinal Products
- Optimising use of novel bio-manufacturing method – exchange of best practices
- Shaping the policy framework for biopharmaceuticals - Biosimilars labeling, tendering national implementation
EBE’s commitment to deliver added value to the biopharmaceutical ecosystem by providing:
- Access to thought leaders & key stakeholders’ views on outlook & opportunities for the biotech markets.
- Navigating funding opportunities and shaping an entrepreneurial and innovation ecosystem in Europe.
- Access to first hand impact on regulatory policy development and direct dialogue with EMA.
- Results driven working groups strategically linked to members’ needs.
- Enriching EBE members perspectives and having access to the new virtual knowledge management center, monthly newsletter “EBE Insights” and the membership partnering platform ( via extranet ).