ELIXIR Innovation and SME Forum: Enabling innovation and discovery in bioinformatics
This free ELIXIR Innovation event is focused on the discoverability of bioinformatics resources that help speed up advancements in the life sciences. The forum is open to both large and small companies. In this lunch-to-lunch event, attendees will be immersed in a world of data-driven innovation, illustrated through talks by innovative companies and presentations of ELIXIR’s open data resources and services. With a mix of high-level keynote speakers and interactive sessions, this event will allow you to discuss and interact with other companies and ELIXIR partners.
What is on the programme? A large number of sessions including:
- Interactive sessions to present “Challenges in FAIR principles implementation”, “Challenges in tools development” and “Challenges in standards in the life sciences”. In these sessions you will hear from ELIXIR experts, innovative companies and you will have the opportunity to interact with the speakers.
- “Flash-talk” session: 5-minute talks for companies to present their activities and proposals for collaboration.
- Phillipe Sanseau (Head Computational Biology and Stats, Glaxo Smith Kline – Lead, Open Targets)
- Kees van Bochove (CEO, The Hyve)
- Ian P Barret (Associate Director, AstraZeneca)
- Giuliano Maciocci, (Head of product, eLife)
- Misha Kapushesky (CEO, GeneStack)
- Frederik Coppens (ELIXIR Belgium)
- Carole Goble (ELIXIR UK)
- Liz Reynolds (CEO&CSO, General BioInformatics)
For whom? This event is aimed at companies active in bio-data, software companies working with data and tools in life sciences and all research institutes active in the field of data science in all life science domains.
Meet and greet: In addition to coffee breaks and lunches, you are also invited to attend the dedicated networking reception and buffet dinner on Tuesday 23 December.
When & where?
Tue, 23 Jan 2018, 11:30 – Wed, 24 Jan 2018, 14:00 GMT at Churchill College, Storey’s way
Cambridge CB3 0DS, United Kingdom (View Map).
For more information click here.