EBE Webinar: “Maintaining Europe’s Lead In Regenerative Medicine – New Approaches and Programmes”
Webinar – 1 July 2016 – 11.45-12.30 CET
While the EU has had a global lead in ATMP technologies and regulation policy, other countries are moving aggressively into the space.
The Japanese “Sakigake” accelerated pathway for regenerative medicines, as well as initiatives such as the UK’s EAMs and EMA’s PRIME are such examples.
What are the National Governments and European Commission doing specifically to ensure that ATMP technologies are continued to be developed and commercialised in Europe?
- Highlight EU and member state efforts to improve the development and adaption of regenerative medicines and advanced therapies.
- Give an overview of the impact of current regulatory pathways on start-ups
- EBE will focus on the current barriers to market entry with a focus on access to funding, as well as offer their ideas on potential solutions.
- Arnd HoevelerHead of Novel Medical Developments Unit DG Research & InnovationEuropean Commission
- Barbara FreischemExecutive DirectorEBE
- Nick CrabbAssociate Director Diagnostics Assessment ProgrammeNational Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence NICE